Monday, November 24, 2008

Zogby Won't Poll Again

As a result of backlash to John Ziegler's controversial documentary, Zogby has refused to conduct a McCain voter poll:
“I am happy to do a poll of both Obama voters and McCain voters, with questions that I formulated and sponsored either by an objective third party or by someone on the left, in tandem with a John Ziegler on the right — but poll questions that have my signature,” Zogby said.

“I believe there was value in the poll we did,” Zogby added. “I also believe it was not our finest hour. This slipped through the cracks. It came out critical only of Obama voters.”

Ziegler responded: "I am shocked by John's statement that he would do another poll but not an exact duplication. What is the point of that? Not their finest hour? This a was great poll. This didn't fall through any 'cracks,' they just got scared. ... The point of the poll was for my documentary on the media's impact on voter knowledge."

Nate Silver had both the Politico story and this one from The Wall Street Journal.

Not everyone sees the world through John Ziegler's lens.

No comments: